- Basin PBS is the only public television station serving the Permian Basin community. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) service to our community. Donations to Basin PBS are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Basin PBS broadcasts in High-Definition and Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound to more than 300,000 viewers and 155,000 households on digital channel 38. We are cable channel 13 on most local systems and are carried on most cable networks.
- Communities we reach include: Midland, Odessa, Andrews, Alpine, Big Spring, Crane, Kermit, Monahans, Pecos, Seminole and Stanton.
- Basin PBS sets standards. We were the first station in the Basin to broadcast in high-definition TV, in October 2003. We were the first in Dolby 5.1 surround sound and we were the first to switch to full digital in June of 2009.
- Basin PBS is licensed to our community and has oversight from an energetic Board of Directors made up of community volunteers. These volunteers created Permian Basin Public Telecommunications, Incorporated in 2006 specifically to build public television into a broadcast and community service leader for the Permian Basin.
- We became YOUR station in 2005 and has informed, inspired and entertained West Texans for more than 20 years. We signed on the air as KOCV in 1986 with the support of more than 500 charter members, among them....former First Lady Laura Bush.
- PBS is number one in public trust. For the seventh year in a row, Americans call PBS the most trusted national institution, more trusted than courts of law, other TV networks, newspapers...even the Federal government.
- Americans call PBS the second most valuable service taxpayers receive, second only to military defense.
- Basin PBS is made possible by viewers like you through memberships and local corporate sponsorships as well as local, state and national grants.
and help ensure Basin's mission to see that television is used to provide quality programs and services which advance education, culture and community for everyone in the Basin - regardless of ability to pay.
- Basin PBS offers quality, viewer-oriented programming without commercial interruption. We are safe viewing for children.
- Basin PBS supports the Permian Basin community through local programming and educational outreach programs which encourage families to read and learn together. Basin PBS is...Western Perspective, The Proud Heritage Series. QUIZ SHOW. Charlie Rose. Tavis Smiley. Antiques Roadshow. American Experience. NATURE. NOVA. Masterpiece. NewsHour. Austin City Limits. Sesame Street. American Masters. And all the other programs you know and love.